Make a selection
Make a selection
Sign in / Register
Explore Delhi with Martin Parr
Jan 23 - Jan 28 2020
Join legendary Magnum photographer Martin Parr for a 5-day street photography workshop in Delhi, India.
Spend an exciting week shooting alongside one of the most influential British photographers. Martin Parr’s unmistakable eye for the quirks of ordinary life has made him a distinctive voice in visual culture for more than 30 years. As photographer and collector, he has left a mark on a generation of photographers.
In this workshop photographing in Delhi with Parr, benefit from an incredible opportunity to see the city from his unique perspective.
Begin the week with a day of introductions and presentations of participants’ images, followed by a discussion with Martin Parr about his own photographic practice and career to date. Take part in daily shooting sessions, group critiques, short photographic assignments and opportunities to share successes, as well as problem-solve challenges that arise from the realities of photographing in Delhi.
“India is one of the most photographed countries in the world, yet there is a surprising lack of images that really show the wonderful chaos of the streets of the country.” – Martin Parr
The workshop will offer shooting time, lectures, critiques and editing sessions as well as social time spent together as a group.
Where & When
Delhi, India - exact location TBC
23rd – 28th January, 9.30am to 5pm with evening shooting and activities.
We advise participants to arrive on the 22nd and leave on the 29th of January.
The workshop will be held in English
Please note that this workshop is now fully booked. There is a waiting list link in the booking section below if places become available.
Early bird price (incl. VAT): $1,800 until 17 November 2019
Regular price (incl. VAT): $2,000 after 18 November 2019
Payments in two instalments over a 2-month period are possible. Contact email@example.com for details
Terms and Conditions apply
See the bottom of this page for more details.
Selection and Requirements
Workshop open to 12 participants. The places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
to join the waiting list for this workshop.
For enquiries relating to this project please email Dubheasa Lanipekun: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel groups with less than 8 participants. Students will be given a full refund. In the event of cancellation, students will be given at least 2 weeks advance notice
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised
• Travel insurance is mandatory.
• The workshop fee does not include international transport, accommodation in Delhi or ground expenses.
• For International applicants, Magnum Photos is not responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is cancelled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets and/or travel insurance
• Cancellations: Magnum will reimburse the totality of the ticket price is cancellation is made at least 21 days before the start of the workshop, minus a $50 administrative fee. We will charge 50% of the ticket price if cancellation is made between 15 and 21 days before the workshop and 100% of the ticket price if cancellation is made less than 15 days before the start of the workshop.