Make a selection
Make a selection
Sign in / Register
Magnum & BJP Professional Practice Series: NGOs, Social Practice and Advocacy
Nov 24 - Nov 25 2018
63 Gee Street
London, EC1V 3RS
Learn how to use storytelling for social change at this two-day workshop in London.
Magnum Photos and The British Journal of Photography are proud to announce the next Professional Practice workshop in our series: “NGOs, Social Practice and Advocacy - How to use storytelling for social change”.
Sat 24 & Sun 25 November 2018
Learn how NGOs are using photography and visual storytelling in their work and what they are looking for from a collaboration with a photographer. Discuss developments in critical theory around issues of representation and community engagement, and the ethical considerations of using storytelling as a tool for social change. Learn about participatory and social practices, and how to stand out from clichés from some of the best experts in the industry including: Sim Chi Yin (Magnum Nominee), Alexia Singh (Podcast Writer, Producer, Save the Children), Anthony Luvera (Artist, Writer, Educator), Richard Burton, (Photographic Officer, Amnesty International).
This workshop will be held over two days and offers:
- Practical advice and lectures from speakers about their specific area of expertise
- Group portfolio reviews including advice on work and professional development
- Peer, Magnum Staff and Industry Expert networking opportunities
Where & When
24th-25th November, 9.30am to 5pm
The workshop will be held in English
£348 (incl. VAT) per workshop.
Terms and Conditions apply.
See the bottom of this page for more details.
Selection and Requirements
Each workshop is open to 40 applicants and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
to register for this workshop.
Terms and Conditions
– All fees must be paid on application.
– Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel groups with less than 25 participants. Students will be given a full refund. In the event of cancellation, students will be given at least 2 weeks advance notice.
– Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised.
– For International applicants, Magnum Photos is not responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is cancelled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets and/or travel insurance.
– Refunds to applicants who wish to cancel their place on the workshop can only be given up to 21 days in advance of the date of the workshop. After this point, refunds cannot be issued.
For enquiries relating to this project please email Sonia Jeunet email@example.com